13-day retreat with four Ayahuasca ceremonies in Ecuador
Welcome to Upper Amazon, the home of the Ayahuasca medicine, with beautiful primary forests, awesome rivers, waterfalls and rich indigenous culture. Pleasant temperatures, nearly mosquito-free.
SAFE & AUTHENTIC
10 years of experience hosting Ayahuasca retreats: Safety protocols tested by time, experienced ceremonial leader, skilled assistants and safe environment. Both first-timers and Ayahuasca veterans friendly.
ASSISTED & TRANSLATED
English-speaking ceremonial leader supporting you in the transformative process, ready to respond to your needs. Preparatory session before the ritual and integration the day after.
Individual cleansing ritual for each participant in the ceremony, small retreat groups, authentic and intimate experience respecting the traditional culture and supporting the indigenous tribe.
13-day Ayahuasca retreat – Event overview
During this all-inclusive retreat you will be able to experience five powerful all-night ceremonies, one with tobacco plant and four with Ayahuasca. You will receive five purification baths with sacred medicinal plants of the rainforest. Have several treks in the primary jungle learning about animals and plants. Visit nearby indigenous kichwa community with traditional meals, dances and presentations of the local culture. Learn how to make Ayahuasca necklaces and gifts from bamboo. Learn about medicinal plants and bring some of them for your family or friends. Have rides on a motorized canoe and connect with a majestic waterfall used for initiation of healers. Rest and enjoy sandy beaches of the beautiful Arajuno river where the healing center is located. Enjoy delicious meals (normal, vegetarian or vegan) prepared from fresh vegetables, plenty of tropical fruit, local organic food. English-speaking ceremonial leader ready to assist and respond to your needs during the whole stay.
Day 1: Transport by a private bus from Quito center or Tababela (Quito Airport) in the morning. Canoe ride to the lodge. Arrival at the lodge, getting to know the place and each other, rest.
Day 2: Jungle walk – getting to know plants and animals of the primary forest. Lecture on the traditional use of sacred plants. In the night, a cleansing tobacco ceremony lead by Jan Rostlinka.
Day 3: Hands-on preparation of the Ayahuasca brew. In the afternoon, purifying bath in a medicinal plant water. Preparatory session before the Ayahuasca ceremony and the 1st Ayahuasca ceremony in the night.
Day 4: Rest day, Questions & answers about last ceremony, optional: making handcrafts with jungle seeds.
Day 5: Trek in the jungle and though a water canyon in a forest reserve. In the afternoon, purifying plant bath. In the night, 2nd Ayahuasca ceremony.
Day 6: Rest day, Questions & answers about last ceremony, optional: use of blowgun.
Day 7: Trek to a sacred waterfall in the jungle. In the afternoon, purifying plant bath. In the night, 3rd Ayahuasca ceremony.
Day 8: Rest day, Questions & answers about last ceremony. Making Ayahuasca handcrafts.
Day 9: Jungle walk in the morning. In the afternoon, purifying plant bath. In the night, the 4th Ayahuasca ceremony.
Day 10: Rest day, Questions & answers about last ceremony. Optional: bamboo handcrafts making.
Day 11: In the night, additional 5th Ayahuasca ceremony for those who need (not included in the retreat price). The included 4 Ayahuasca rituals are usually enough for most people, but we include this possibility for those who need more ceremonies.
Day 12: Session with Jan Rostlinka speaking about the result of the healing, explaining visions. In the afternoon visit of a nearby indigenous community – cultural program with dances, preparation of traditional food, hunting.
Day 13: Departure in the morning. Transport to Quito center or airport by a private bus.
Work with the Ayahuasca medicine
It is recommendable only to people who feel the personal calling for this type of introspective work and have necessary respect for the plant and the sacredness of the ritual. This is not a tourist experience. It should not be taken lightly as a tourist attraction. This journey might not be pleasant in all of its parts, but at the end it is worth taking. The Ayahuasca ritual is deeply meaningful and healing for those who are ready and who have trust in the healing process with the Ayahuasca plant as well as trust the people who lead the ceremony. The Ayahuasca medicine can bring suppressed emotions to the surface, clean any negative energies and allow for deep change within oneself. Participants of the Feather Crown Ayahuasca ceremony can obtain positive results in the following areas:
· Spirituality: Spiritual growth, enlightenment, universal truth, divinity, seeking, power animals, meeting spirits, soul retrieval, cleansing, straightening energy, chakra cleansing, past life regression
· Mental Health: General mental health, mental abuse, emotional pain, past trauma, release negativity
· Physical Health: General physical health, physical pain, physical abuse, sexual abuse, addiction
· Health and well-being: Life purpose, career change, creativity, personal growth, learning, curiosity, heart center, connection with nature
Who is leading the ceremony
Jan Rostlinka is 35 years old natural medicine practitioner of Slavic descent born in Czechia. For past 10 years, he has been living and practicing the Ayahuasca medicine in Ecuador, Peru and Mexico. Married into a family of a respected kichwa shaman in Napo, Ecuador, Jan is living with his wife and daughter in a small indigenous community on the banks of the river Jatun Yacu.
Jan studied with 25 shamans of different nationalities and did long-term apprenticeships within indigenous families, including those of Luis Andi Grefa (renowned kichwa yachak from Napo, Ecuador), Mateo Arévalo Maynas (elder shipibo onaya from Ucayalí, Perú) and Emilio Ramirez Sr. (elder shipibo onaya, Ucayalí, Peru). During those apprenticeships, he dieted a significant number of amazonian trees and plants. Jan also studied with San Pedro and Peyote shamans in the Wirikuta desert of Mexico. This proper training and connection to the ancient lineages enabled Jan to lead sacred rituals with expertise, resulting in healing benefit for all participants.
You will have the opportunity to work with a selected variety of the Ayahuasca vine that has been cultivated by Jan and has the best results compared with other varieties. This medicine is gentle to the body, yet it produces strong sensations, valuable teachings and, for those who are ready for it, also visions. It will be prepared traditionally on fire using only two plants, the Banisteriopsis caapi (ayahuasca) vine and the Diplopterys cabrerana (chalipanga) vine, which amplifies its effects and visions.
Usually the first ceremony removes the heaviest negative energies from the energetic field and physical body and can involve purging. In the second ceremony, participants usually have more trust, because they already know that ceremonies are conducted safely and have positive outcome. Their bodies have already been purified in the first ceremony. This results in being able to relax more and work more consciously with the energy of the Ayahuasca plant. Third and fourth ceremony is perfect for learning how to concentrate in the trance with the brew, to receive visions, teachings and blessings.
Around 8pm, after being prepared theoretically, participants drink the concentrated Ayahuasca medicine and then lay down on comfortable mattresses in the ceremonial space. As soon as the effects kick in, the ceremonial leader, who is also under the influence of the brew, begins to use instruments and starts to chant visions-modulating songs, guiding participants on this intensive journey. His task is to clean any negative energies that are purged from the participants and call spirit guides who provide compassionate, loving and healing energy for all who are present. Later during the night, participants are called one by one to come and sit in front of the healer to get cleansed by leaves gathered in the rainforest and by singing. The healer also uses blowing, sucking and other techniques aimed to help the patient. This cleansing ritual or “limpia“ is the most important part of the ceremony, where energy of the participants can be balanced, and where different illnesses can be removed from the body. In case there any serious illnesses, the healer can deal with them towards the end of the ceremony.
Safety of the ritual
Sober helpers are always present during the whole ceremony to help participants walk to the bathrooms. The space itself is carefully prepared, physically safe and perfect for hosting such ceremony. In case of having strong reaction to the Ayahuasca, the team know perfectly how to help participants to go through their journey without any harm.
Setting and accommodation
1 hour from Tena, Napo
Eco-lodge surrounded by virgin forests on the bank of the beautiful Arajuno river offers:
- private single-bed rooms (with private bathroom and shower) for those who go to the retreat alone and
- two-bed rooms (with shared showers and toilets) for couples or friends.
In your booking form specify what kind of room do you need. Showers have natural non-heated water that is refreshing in the hot climate. Electricity is available at the lodge for the duration of 2 hours every evening for recharging batteries. Rooms are cleaner regularly by staff members and are equipped with mosquito nets, new comfortable large mattresses and thermic blankets. Unlike other lodges in the area, our lodge is not maintained using harsh chemicals (to protect the wood etc.), rooms are absolutely chemical-free, which is necessary for the diet. In the rooms you will be noise-isolated from your neighbors thanks to the concrete walls.
How to travel to us: Book your flight to Quito, Ecuador, preferably 1 day before and 1 day after the event.
What differentiates us from other practitioners and centers
– Ceremonies are small and intimate, usually 1-4 people, with rare 10 people maximum.
– In our ceremonies women are respected and the environment is free of any sexual activities between the staff and the clients.
– No use alcohol whatsoever is permitted at the lodge.
– The ceremonial leader has proper training and is deeply caring for the wellbeing of all participants
– Our foremost motivation is to provide meaningful assistance on your spiritual journey and help you to obtain better health, not profiting.
– We work with strong and properly brewed medicine and the ceremonies are intense. We use the admixture leaves to make sure participants can go deep in the healing process.
– We base our practice on 10 years of experience with hosting such events.
– No knowledge of Spanish is required. Translations to/from English, Spanish and Czech are available.
- June 26 – July 8, 2017 LAST-MINUTE DISCOUNT PRICE 990 USD
- August 21 – September 2, 2017
- November 13 – November 25, 2017
- December 22 – January 3, 2018
- February 19 – March 3, 2018
- April 30 – May 12, 2018
All dates have spaces available and registrations are open now.
If you are a group of 4 or more, you can ask for availability on particular custom date you like.
Cost: 13-day all-inclusive 1100 USD per person (excludes airfare).
The group is limited to 13 participants an is usually 6-10 participants.
Included in the price:
- Private transport from Quito center or Quito airport to the lodge and back
- Private accommodation in the eco-lodge for 12 nights
- 1 Tobacco and 4 Ayahuasca ceremonies
- Individual cleansing sessions during the Ayahuasca ritual
- 4 jungle treks, including one to a sacred waterfall
- All transportation (canoe), fees and entrances
- Visit of a nearby indigenous communities, cultural presentation
- All meals and drinks
- Questions & answers sessions with the ceremony leader
- Any extra ceremony (cost 120 USD per ceremony)
- Extra treatments of specific ilnesses with medicinal plants
Your stay can be enriched by various activities upon your request:
· Extra healing of specific illness during the ceremony. Techniques of energetic „sucking“ by mouth, cleansing with leaves gathered in the rainforest and also massage is often used to remove illness residing in the body. $100 USD per healing session. In case of severe illnesses this ritual is long and requires payment of $200 USD or more. Consultation before the ceremony is included. In some cases, additional medicinal plants are given to the patient to be applied during the days after the healing.
· Apprenticing in order to become a healer yourself requires extra energy transfers, extra purification of the body using macerated plants and special songs to be sang. $100 USD per session.
· The next day after the ceremony, special flower bath using many sweet-smelling plants helps to receive special blessing, good luck and loving energies. $10 USD per person
Requirements and Health safety
If you suffer from any disease or take any medicines, you absolutely need to inform us, as some medicines can be contraindicated with Ayahuasca. Taking Ayahuasca if you suffer from weak heart, a mental illness and certain other illnesses may be dangerous or even life-threatening.
Medications and supplements policy: The participants are not allowed to take any other medicines or supplements, including the natural ones, apart from Ayahuasca, except for anti-malarial medication and birth control, for the duration of the event, unless permitted by the organizer. If you are taking any medications or supplements that are prescribed by a doctor, you will need to consult your doctor about weaning you off them in time for them to completely clear out of your system before your visit.
Health conditions and risks agreement: Our events are held on places which are not medical facilities and we are not equipped to handle a serious medical emergency. Please inform us of any serious medical conditions that you have before you make your reservation.Due to potential health risks, people with the following health conditions will not be able to drink Ayahuasca. However, they can still partake in the ceremony without drinking and can receive the healing and cleansing ritual from the ceremony leader.
- high blood pressure diabetes
- schizophrenic disorder
- heart disease or any condition previously diagnosed indicating vulnerability to the heart
- epilepsy and other seizure related conditions
- infectious or contagious disease
- suicidal ideation
- use of MAO inhibitors or anti-psychotic medication
Mental illness: Anyone in treatment for mental illness must consult a physician regarding the advisability of using Ayahuasca and if approved must cease taking any anti-depressants or mood altering medications at least 3 weeks prior to the trip.
Drug addictions: We do not allow people who are taking drugs to partake in our events. For treating serious drug addictions, contact us to arrange different individual type of work. Smoking cannabis r taking any mind-altering plants is prohibited during our events.
Menstruation: Please inform us if you are having your period on the day of the ceremony. It is possible to partake in the ceremony if you are menstruating. However, take into account that if you feel too much discomfort because of strong menstruation, it might interfere with your ability to concentrate and relax in the healing process.
Pay 200 USD now to book your space and pay the rest later.
We accept bank transfer, PayPal, MoneyGram and Western Union.
5% off for returning visitors
"Thank you for the amazing ceremonies! After 4 sessions I feel completely reset and wonderful. Thank you guys for the incredible healing work and wonderful experience!"Zi Wu
"If you’re going to try Ayahuasca, I highly recommend Feather Crown for their safe, friendly, insightful and authentic approach."Shivya
"The experience was perspective-altering in the best way. Feather Crown has been my most treasured part of this trip. "Josh Thomas, NY