Become a volunteer with Feather Crown
Volunteering with Feather Crown in a new-growing healing space is an unique way of geeting in touch with beautiful natural environment, local kichwa culture in a warm family setting, and of course experiencing Ayahuasca medicine. It is for people who are not afraid of living in the jungle, don’t need much comforts, and are keen workers.
Beginning July 2017, we are building a medicine centre on a beautiful location in the jungle of Ecuador in the province of Pastaza.
You can join the building team as a volunteer and learn about the Ayahuasca medicine “for free.”
No prior experience with building is needed, but it is welcome. What is important is to be keen worker and open to learn new things. No knowledge of Spanish is needed, just English. It can be an awesome oportunity to learn more Spanish for non-speakers.
You can come in any of the following dates:
There will be more dates in the future. Minimum lenght of your stay should be at least 7 days.
What we offer:
- Living surrounded by pristine nature in a 20 hectares of our beautiful rainforest reserve. Ideal is to bring your own light sleeping bag. For those who have no tents, we can build basic shelters. The living conditions are very simple and require people who like to be close to the elements and the jungle.
- All meals, vegetarian, vegan or normal (with beef, chicken or fish).
- Free Ayahuasca ceremony at least 1 per working week.
- Learning about traditional living, hunting, fishing, indigenous culture, knowledge about medicinal plants.
- Share life with the indigenous kichwa people
- Free rental of jungle equippent such as rrubber boots, machettes, fishing rods etc.
What is your responsibility:
We ask for a small fee of $10 USD per person/day which covers basic food, accommodation and transport expenses. The rest is for free, including the Ayahuasca ceremonies (1 per week).
You are expected to participate in any of the following tasks:
- Reforestation, planting medicinal and other valuable trees in the forest.
- Gardening, planting and taking care of edible plants.
- Assisting professional builders in the constructions of the Ayahuasca temple, accommodation cabins, bathrooms, steps, pathways in the forest etc. Most common task is the transportation of the building material, such as stones, bamboo, sand, etc. Making holes in the ground etc.
- Cooking for yourself and the staff.
In total you are expected to work minimum of 6 hours per day (9am-12am, 1pm-4pm) for 5 days per week.
In case you want to work only very lightly, and avoid getting tired, it is still possible to come. In this case we will be asking you to pay a fee of $20 USD instead of just $10 USD. Please tell us in your application form.
- Only people whose health conditions allows it may participate in the Ayahuasca ceremonies. The condition and diet is the same as for 13-day Ayahuasca retreat – please check for more info.
- No consumption of alcohol, cannabis or other mind-altering substances is allowed at the property.